Wednesday, September 7, 2011

In the Sunshine & the Rain

It's official! The 2011-2012 preschool year is off to a running start! With every new school year comes many new faces, and we are excited to have many new students join us and to have many students return. Also with a new school year comes many milestones and memories and even some challenges. As life seems to continually grow busier, it seems that challenges tend to present themselves more frequently. Unfortunately, challenges are often accompanied by discouragement. My goal with this week's blog is to simply encourage you as you begin to settle into the routine of parents of a preschoolers.

Throughout His Word, God promises that He will be with us. He promises to never desert us or abandon us. In Isaiah 41:10 God says to Jacob, "Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, surely I will help you, surely I will uphold you with My righteous right hand." What a promise! When we are faced with frustrations and disappointments and even in the midst of catastrophes, our Father is with us. Just as encouraging as this is the realization that this same promise is true for our children. God is always with them--even when we, their parents, can't be.

Isn't it simply encouraging to know that the same God who knew us before He created us in our mothers' wombs is still with us today, at this very moment, and will always be with us (Jeremiah 1:5)?

My prayer for each of you is that, as the school year progresses, you will constantly and consciously notice God and His love surrounding you and your child.



No comments:

Post a Comment